Saturday, February 5, 2011

Come on, take a step towards me

Dear Reader,

introduction
As corny as the name of this blog might be, I find it to be rather clever. I mean we've all heard the saying, "I'm turning over a new leaf". Never really quite understood it completely but I'd like to think I am turning over a "new leaf" in my life. But the question is: What does the other side of that leaf look like? I'm trying to figure it out.

thought
What is love?
If the first thing that came to your mind was "Baby don't hurt me" then...well thats okay cause that's what came to my mind first also. I hate to have my first post be about love but honestly, its what makes the world go round.
seriously.
But to answer my question I want to first reply with a couple of Bible verses. AND shocker, they're not from 1 Corinthians!
1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
1 John 4:7-8
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Alright. Take that as you will. But there is one thing I can tell you:

Since my relationship with God has become mature and serious, my definition of love has totally changed. Love for me is laying down my life for others. Which means I'd do anything for anyone. Even take a bullet but also less dramatic than that, for example go on a missions trip to show others love or take 20 minutes out of my day and write someone a letter. Love is expecting nothing back. Love is reflecting Christ's character. But most importantly, Love is undefinable. Because if you've ever experienced true love (and I'm not just talking "lovey dovey smoochy woochy cutie wutie" love) you'd know that the feeling cannot be translated into words on a piece of paper.

conclusion
I hope you were able to follow my train of thought. To be honest, I didn't really think this through. I kinda just started typing. But I think I like it. Again I apologize that it is on love.
so cliche

thanks for reading. until next time.

marianna

(PS. I hope to get better at this blog thing...the topic of my next blog is forgiveness)

No comments:

Post a Comment